Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What...is.....beauty?

The velvety petals of a rose…
The thrill of excitement at the blue of the sky…
The joy of knowing someone loves you.

A tender kiss from a child…
A breathtaking walk in the park…
The heart wrenching honesty of a good cry.

The soft, gentle notes of black and white keys…
A fragile sunbeam suspending dust in the air…
The wonder that’s spread by a simple smile.

The rush of a cold stream flooding your toes…
The glimmer of hope at a glimpse of your future…
A sigh of contentment in your daddy’s arms.

That’s beauty.

Beauty is simple; unfathomable.  It doesn’t make sense, but we want it more than all else.  It stares into the eyes of a little girl searching the mirror, and overwhelms the fear of a lover hoping to win.

Beauty is found in brokenness; in fact, that is the only place you will find it.  You will not find beauty in perfection, unless what is whole was once crushed.  Beauty silently slips through the smallest cracks and mends what is hurt in its wake.  Beauty waits for no one, hurries for no one.  Beauty must be embraced; it will not push itself on anyone.

Beauty is found in hearts that are shattered.

Beauty encompasses the dreams of all humankind.

Beauty is what God sees when God sees you.



Bucket list additions for the week!!!

39. Go to the east coast and eat authentic, fresh clam chowder.
40. Perfect my handwriting.....seriously, you'd all thank me if I did that.
41. Take a tour of the Denver Mint.  I think you can still do that!?
42. Buy a baby blue convertible bug.
43. Go cow tipping.
44. Get a good tan.  This one's weird because tanning is so bad for you...but my rules say don't think, type!  And I guess I should stick to my rules, huh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leipzig,
I love the last line that best. "Beauty is what God sees when God sees you."
Hahhahahahhah yeahhh you do need to work on your handwriting =D
what's cow tipping? haha Oooh tanning nicceee
~Bilbo

In the Making.... said...

Jess,

That was beauty in itself! I LOVED that post.

Ewww clam chowder though ;)

Jesseca said...

Oh thanks! :) That quote was from a book I read, called "Redefining Beautiful" by Jenna Lucado! So I can't take the cred for it. :P
Cow tipping....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ectgHjUcV8
I've never had clam chowder, or at least that I remember! So I want to try the authentic kind!

Sonia Ama said...

What I loved about this is that you never really defined "beauty" as "beautiful". Maybe it only makes sense in my head, but I see the two as separate concepts; beautiful more as a tangile idea and beauty as something...different(?).

Anyways, I loved this.