Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We have this fish...



I'm telling you, people.  We have a fish that's older than Methuselah.

Once upon a sunny summer day a long time ago, Mom, Brother and I had gone to Wal-Mart to buy some fishies.  On this particular occasion, I had worn a lavender polo dress because it was one of my favorites.  I had a pink one too.  Ahem.

We went in, picked out 4 or 5 fish, then held our bags of fish whilst watching some festivities going on outside the store.  I remember a sumo wrestling match...?  The kind where you put on that awkward costume thingy and wrestle another person in a matching suit.

{I'm not certain why I remember all those details... Weird?  Maybe.}

After that fascinating event, we came home and put our brand new pets in a matching-ly new tank, happy to have something exciting to occupy our imaginations.

That, my friends, was around 8 years ago.

Many a fish have come and gone {rest their little souls} but Mohican has stood the test.  He still swims around his little house day in and day out, never skipping a beat or a meal.

Oh, and he's about this long __________. {actual size}  That's right, our 8-year-old fish is no more than an inch long.

It seems like these warm summery days have brought me dozens of childhood memories.  Perhaps it's the sunshine, or maybe it's just the fact that my life is in a major transition.  No longer am I a student of scholastics, but rather a full-time student of life.  It's exciting, invigorating, and fascinating, and of course hard at the same time.  But the things you have to work the hardest for are often the things you end up treasuring the most.







I had a little too much fun with the next one.  If there really was a movie coming out on June 21 starring me, I think you would've already heard about it.


4 comments:

a girl with a smile said...

I love the line "The things you have to work the hardest for are often the things you end up treasuring the most." It is soo true!

& i would so go watch that movie ;)

Abby said...

The skyline picture 2nd to last is my favorite- the colors are so perfect!! Do you use any kind of editing software for that kind of thing or are you just in the right place at the right time?

Jesseca said...

Hey, thanks!! Let's see...my camera was set on a sunset setting but I also did edit it on picnik.com. After uploading the picture, go to Create> Effects> Boost. Hope that helps. :)

I'm Sydney. said...

I would watch that movie.