Thursday, June 30, 2011

Guest Post: Sydney of The Tightrope

Dear lovely readers,

Today I'm having a guest post!  Get excited because it's by Sydney!  You, my friends, are going to fall in love with her.  I'm just warning you.

*     *     *


Hi all you lovely people!

I’m Sydney. I write on my blog The Tightrope. And I’m kind of funny (not to gloat or anything).

And I think Jesseca is pretty awesome and I am extremely happy to be able to be on her blog today! My fingers are getting excited just thinking about writing for her! 

Anyway.

To play off the title of said Jesseca’s blog, I thought I’d write about finding my wings.

Dig in.

When I was younger, I was quite cute. Observe:



I was also quite daring.

Once upon a time, my sister, brother, cousin and I decided to test out our parachuting skills. We figured that 
our G-ma’s shed would be the perfect place to experiment. We climbed up that tall shed, shook out our sheets and garbage bags, yelled GERANIMO! And…

Hit the ground.

I couldn’t breathe for the whole of five minutes (and we all wonder why I’m so scatter-brained… the huge lack of oxygen to my brain at age eight).

Point? I didn’t find my wings today, I found out what dirt tasted like.

I figure the same goes for God. Sometimes, we climb up onto sheds and places we shouldn’t be, use our home-made parachutes and jump off only to meet a whole lot of pain.

Instead, I say we just let him grow our wings for us. Let’s be ugly ducklings for a while so we can grow into swans with beautiful wings, able to soar.

Isaiah 40:31 says:
“Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength. They shall soar high on the wings like eagles…”
It doesn’t say we’ll smooch the ground, it says we’ll soar IF we trust in the Lord.

So what do you say? Come fly with me?