Friday, May 13, 2011

Cameras & Diamonds






  • Today I set off my car alarm.  While I was sitting in the car.  Boy, did I feel brilliant.
  • I received the most beautiful graduation gift ever: a family heirloom diamond ring!  Oh my goodness, I can't get over it!  The diamond was originally set as my great-great grandmother's engagement ring and eventually, my grandma (Grandy) received it for her graduation.  Since the setting it is currently in is small enough for my pinky, I used to try it on all the time when I was little ('cause it was the only one that'd fit my teeny little fingers!).  So, Grandy has been saving it for me all this time, just so I could receive it for my graduation.  Thank you Grandy and Pappy!!!
  • I simply adore the above pictures.  Don't you?
  • I decided that when I tell people "Oh, no problem!", it makes it sound as though it sort of is a problem. So instead, I'ma make like a Chick-fil-a server and start saying "It is my pleasure!"  Also, I find it rather satisfying to see the pleasure on someone's face when I call them ma'am or sir.  I like being old-fashioned.
  • I saw several A D O R A B L E tops at Nordstrom Rack today.  They were all under $20 each.  I think I might get them.
  • I need to find a graduation dress!  SOON!  But it has to be the perfect size, style, and price before I get it.  I'd better get hopping.  (Or shopping as the case may be.)
  • Words fail me when it comes to God's amazing-ness.  So perfect and kind and beautiful.  He's everything I want.  Forget the world, just give me Jesus.
  • I wish you a lovely weekend.  (Can you believe it is almost HALFWAY through this month?  AND year!?  Geezy looeezy.)
P.S.  I was just thinking:  Whoever gave that diamond to my great-great grandmother had noooooo clue how happy his great-great granddaughter, whom he would never come close to laying eyes on, would be to receive it one day.  I mean, can't you see him?  Agonizing over a glass jewelry case trying to pick the most beautiful one for the beautiful girl he loved.  Of course he couldn't imagine that 150 years later, some kid would be sitting at a computer, staring at it, wondering about what lovely sights it had seen.  And not-so-lovely sights too; I mean, this little gem was around through the Civil War.  Anyway, take that for what it's worth, and know that I am praying for you.  Yes, my dear: you.

Love,
Jesseca

2 comments:

Sonia Ama said...

Ah Jesseca I miss you! I can't wait to see the ring, and that is so incredible it's been in your family for so long!

A Lost Feather said...

wow, what an amazing gift from your grandparents :) and it's soo wonderful that you really appreciate its history! soo interesting to think of where it's been, what it's seen and what it will go through now with you :) ..lovely.