Tuesday, March 1, 2011

...if I get it all down on paper.

There’s a song by Anna Nalick called Breathe (2 AM).  My favorite lyric from that song is this: “Two a.m. and I’m still awake writing this song // if I get it all down on paper it’s no longer inside of me // threatening the life it belongs to.”  That’s me when it comes to writing.  My thoughts have a tendency to get all balled up in a corner and I can’t tell which one is which, and I can never tell which angle I should begin unfolding first.

Thankfully, at the moment I feel pretty clear-headed.  But I have this unrecognizable passion and eagerness and excitement that is tugging at my heart, making me smile for no other reason and making me want to breathe of the sun-laden air forever and ever.

Well.  I need to go finish packing.  And put the finishing touches on some homework before we leave.  I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in the next 4 days and beyond!

3 comments:

Sonia Ama said...

Ahhh that's my favorite part too! I went through a period of time where I probably listened to it too much to be healthy!

Oh and I love the picture as well!

aigirln said...

I feel the same way about the thoughts! Writing does seem to put them in order.

Unknown said...

and I can't wait to hear how the trip went!!