Sunday, February 6, 2011

Today was a day!! Yes. A day.

Today was fabulously eventful!  I love eventful days.  I love going to bed exhausted (the good kind of exhausted), knowing that everything you did couldn’t have been spent better.  (And if it could’ve, it doesn’t matter now because you can’t change it now!)
Would you like to hear the highlights?  Because I’d like to share some.

  1. Went to choir practice at nine and sang in service for the second time!  Yay.
  2. Had Panda Express with Kat, Kendra, Mr. Knapp and Shelby… “If you guys sit with me, I’ll treat.”
  3. After lunch, Shelby and I asked a lady who was eating alone if we could pray for her.  Her response?  “No.  That would be far too personal.”  Oh well, maybe that was just what she needed right then.  Who knows?
  4. Went to Forever 21 (we decided it should be Forever 32) and after a loooong time, I bought a [really cute] top and earrings [which I don’t really like now…hmmm].
  5. At the Super Bowl party (go Packers!), I consumed more than enough cookies, chocolate and soda, got hyper…and laughed quite a bit.  Then Syd and I played with Bella for forever and I had SO much fun!  That little 5-year-old is adorable, sweet, and incredibly smart.

Hmmm, what else??  Oh, I didn’t get into the game at all.  Football?  From my perspective, it’s a bunch of grown men running around in spandex, falling on the ground, and people betting their lives on the outcome of the game.  God bless you all who get into it, though…to each his own!
By the way!  You HAVE to read this book by Alex and Brett Harris.  It’s called “Do Hard Things” and if you are a teenager, READ IT.  I double doggg dare ya to.  Actually, even if you aren’t a teenager, it would be more than worth your time.  I’m not even halfway through and I already can’t wait to read the sequel.
So here is my conclusion for the day!!
The commercials this year…didn’t really impress me.  And some of them were just WRONG!  Let’s grow up, America.
God can always plant seeds through the weirdest of situations…like the lady who got mad at us for reaching out to her.  But hurt people hurt people right?  So I’ll be praying for her and I bet one day I’ll see her in heaven.
It’s a lot more fun to eat junk food than healthy food.  That shouldn’t be true.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.  This week is going to be amazing just because I’m deciding it’s going to be.  A lot has happened in the past couple weeks, and even though I’d rather not repeat some of those experiences, I can’t wait to see what will happen this week.  I bet it’ll be good!
This post was a little bit different than usual, but oh well!  So now I’m going to try and counteract that junk food with an apple.  Maybe, just maybe, it’ll work…

2 comments:

aigirln said...

Jesseca! You are so funny.

a girl with a smile said...

Yay! :) What a peculiar day. Hooray for those!