Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This calls for brownies!

Last night, I officially invented my very first recipe.  We're talkin' fudgey, yummy, chocolatey BROWNIES!  Baking is my #1 stress-reliever and yesterday seemed to be a fitting time to whip up a batch of these incredible confections.  What girl doesn't go nuts over brownies?!
     I thought I'd share my brand-new recipe with y'all (there I go with the y'alls)...now I can be a published recipe author and you can cure your hankerin' for chocolate.  (By the way, they taste SO much better after 24 hours.  My recommendation: eat one straight out of the oven, then forget they exist until the next day.  You'll be glad you waited.  Mmmm.)

Fudge Brownies

1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1-1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs (or 4 egg yolks...I hear that makes them super fudgey)
1/4 c. warm brewed coffee
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper.  You'll want to have one strip laying one way, then layer the other one on top of that, covering the entire pan.
 
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cocoa together.  Carefully cook for a minute or two, until mostly smooth.  Set aside to cool slightly.  In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a fork.  With a wooden spoon, stir in cocoa mixture, coffee, and vanilla; add flour, mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.  Check them with a toothpick...underbaked makes for fudgier brownies than overbaked.  Just sayin'.

Cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then lift out of pan and slice into 16 brownies.  Separate and let cool completely.

THEN, wait for a WHOLE day until they've "cured" to perfection.  I hope you like my recipe!  But don't tell me if you don't.  (Wink wink.)


4 comments:

In the Making.... said...

Mmmm they look delic!
I will try your recipe when I have my house warming party for my new apt. :)
Maybe before if I can't wait

Unknown said...

oooohhhhh! They look great! I am so proud of you!!!!
~Morgan

Sonia Ama said...

I will have to try it out!!

Young People in Love said...

Hooray for stress relievers!!! I'm sure my husband wishes that baking relieved my stress too. Haha :) oh well.