Monday, June 24, 2013

love letters


Brides are the definition of 'lovely'.  They captivate.  They carefully put on display every last drop of their beauty and proudly hold back their shoulders as they grace the aisle, knowing that they are wanted and loved.

The groom is obsessed.

He can't think about anything else except her.  His head spins with how much love his heart feels for her.  Though the onlookers are enraptured by her beauty {'look at her dress!' 'her hair is stunning' 'she's glowing'}, the groom is lost in it.  

That's what Jesus feels for us.

A few months back, he wrote me a love letter.  I've typed a portion of it below.  Please read it out loud and let his words wash over you...and realize he doesn't condemn you for a thing.  The only thing he requires of you is to rest in his love.

I'm standing at the altar in a little white chapel.  It has vaulted ceilings just the way you like it.   The crowd is glowing.  All of our loved ones are packed in there, anticipating the beauty of love to commence.  There are even people we don't even know well...they just knew this would be a wedding to remember.

I see the back doors open and my heart skips a beat.  Is she coming?  No, of course not.  It's the bridesmaids.  My friends behind me smile in encouragement.  The flowergirl is sprinkling red roses.  Everyone is in their places now.  It's quiet.

The soft, beautiful music begins.  Everyone stands to their feet and turn to welcome the bride.  My bride.  You.

Then the doors open...there you are.  I haven't seen you since last night.  There you stand, illuminated.  Your intricately designed white gown graces your figure perfectly.  Your hair falls in wisps to frame your face.  Your smile is bigger than I've ever seen it.

And then I see your eyes, eyes that have tears spilling.  Eyes that captivated me while I formed them.  Eyes that gazed at me with trust as I grew you in your mother's womb.  I love those eyes.  I can tell by the look in them now that you realize it was me all along who loved you.  And now you're mine, for forever.

No comments: