Saturday, March 10, 2012

walk in the park




I went to the park this morning with the intention of running a couple laps.  But once I got there, that lovely blue sky and wide open field couldn't stop calling my name...so I involuntarily began running back and forth across the soccer field, first forward, then backward, then lunges all the way across.  Ouch.

After the planks, push-ups and crunches (read: derriere mid-air), I went over to say hi to a lady sitting in the shade with her golden retriever.

"May I pet your dog?"

"Oh sure!  She'd love it.  This is Sadie."

"Awww hi, Sadie!" (woof woof wag wag)

"We were watching you do your workout.  What a great way to do it!"

.....perfect.  Now my entire neighborhood knows I can't do more than five good push-ups and that I sing along to my iPod when I work out.  Well I bet they do too, they just aren't brave enough to do it in public.  So there.

No comments: