Wednesday, February 1, 2012

here's what happened


It was my alarm clock's fault.

I told it to wake me up at five and it most certainly didn't.  It just sang me an annoying song and let me crawl back into my soft, wonderful cave and snooze right on through shower and breakfast time.

Oh well.

I was only 2 minutes late to clock in.  And my hair only looked ridiculously flat and frumpy all day.  And I didn't brush my teeth or put on more than a little foundation and mascara.  But it's whatever.

In other news, I decided to stop drinking soda...diet and regular.  Apparently people who drink soda (even sugarfree) are 65% more likely to gain weight than those who avoid it.  I believe it.  Ever since I started working in food service where there's unlimited cold, refreshing soda that just calls your name all day, every day, I've definitely noticed that my jeans are a little tighter than usual.

......Looks like it's water for me.


3 comments:

Sonia Ama said...

I gave it up in January of 2009 (although I still drink apple cider on special occasions) and I don't regret it at all! If anything, it's helped out my skin so much.

Unknown said...

I should probably give soda up tooooo..
but those darn alarm clocks!
~Morgan

I'm Sydney. said...

I gave up soda for two years once and now seldom drink it. It's very beneficial! I remember when I drank it again for the first time... it was like drinking fire!