Tuesday, December 6, 2011

lezz be honest, shall we?



If I could just be honest for a moment...

1. I don't like clean hair. Because mine thinks cleanliness is a free pass to rebellion.

2. Last week, revelation was just jumping off the pages of my Bible...but this week, I feel like I'm fighting to have one letter move my heart.

2.1 The word heart just reminded me of the first (and only) spelling bee I was in:

"Spell the word 'heart'."
(this was the practice round.)
"Heart.  H-e-a-t.  Heart."
Feeling extremely fortunate to have gotten such an easy word, and also feeling swamped with relief at having spelled it correctly, I turn with a satisfied smile to sit down.
"ding-a-dingadiiinnng" the bell rings.
My face falls.  I sit down ashamed.
I spelled auditorium wrong too.  Still do.

3. I want more than anything right now to write a song, and not just any song.  A love song.  To God.  But I have to fall in love with Him first.  Soon, He says, soon.

4. Zits have been loving my face as of late.  Loving it so much, in fact, that two have made themselves very well-known to me in the past week.  So well-known, in fact, that my every breath sends a shot of pain coursing through my veins.  Gee, thanks, I feel so loved.

5. My little chihuahua is not loving the cold weather.  She has to give herself a pep talk every time she has to go potty.  "I'm a big dog.  I am a brave dog.  I am a DOG.  I have long, fluffy, warm fur simply smothering me.  I cower not in the face of cold wind and winter weather.  This too shall pass."  It makes me laugh.

6. I'm off to work out.  Trust me, I'd rather rather watch Elf for the third time this week.

Peace and hair grease, lovely people!

Wonder if this works.

1 comment:

I'm Sydney. said...

dude. gonna try that work out routine :)
And I feel the same about the song writing. It makes me want to bang my head on the keys of the piano. Of just plunk on my guitar in sorrow. (Oh gosh do i sound pitiful!)
Anyway, Gods' been showing me Psalms. And how much of my bible I haven't read. Holy. Schmokes.