Tuesday, December 27, 2011

dear God,

Dear God,

The world is your oyster, they say.  You can be anyone you want to be, they say.  Live your dreams.  Follow your heart.  You'll do great things.

But to be honest, God...I don't know where to start.  My heart is a jumble of where's and why's and when's.  There are so many things I want to do, so many places I want to go, but I don't know which ones are the right ones.  I need vision to see things like You do.  I need You to sift through my passions and desires and tell me which roads to run down.

What I'm trying to say, Lord, is that I need to know the next step.  Or maybe You want to surprise me.  If that's the case, I trust You.  But please put my feet on the right path because I have to become who You've made me to be.  I have to.

I love You.

Jesseca


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait and Trust. God will lead.

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

This was beautiful. I've prayed many versions of that same prayer. :)