Friday, April 13, 2012

faith like a child


If you were a set of knitting needles, where would you hide?  Tonight I was trying to find them.  Because I wanted to knit something.  All the cool kids are doing it.

Knitting needles: 1
Jesseca: 0

But whilst I was searching high and low through boxes full of all things pre-pubescent, I found my old Lisa Frank day planner.


Anybody else remember America's fascination with Lisa Frank art?  Every 1990's birthday party was smothered in the stuff.

But anyways.

On one of the pages I had written this:


"To bring God more than what He has required, but what He is pleased with.  God looks deeper into our heart[s] than we can imaigene."

Where did my younger self get that from?  What did it mean to me then?

He really does look deeper into our hearts than we can imagine...and I often forget that now.

God knew I needed a gentle reminder to come to Him as a child, trusting Him contentedly.  And that's what I intend to do, starting now.

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that. Wisdom at a young age!

Sonia Ama said...

Even eloquence at that age, I'm not surprised coming from you! Like Elizabeth said, wisdom!

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful treasure to find! I'm intrigued by that phrase. Does it have any date?

Miss Melissa said...

wow this is beautiful. it seems very simple for children to come to God so easily! i loved this post. it was also an eye opener for me, too.

I'm Sydney. said...

Jessica that is so cool! You were so in love with Him at such a young age! That's so beautiful!