Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the urban outfitters guy cracked me up

Me to the guy at Urban Outfitters: "Do you know if you guys have any searsucker pants?"  (I've been wanting a baby blue pair ever since I saw someone else rocking them.)
UO guy: "What kind of pants?" (Dude, you work at Urban Outfitters and you've never. heard. of searsucker.)
Me: "You know, it's like stripe..."
Random other customer UO guy was previously assisting: "Oh, it's like puckered and striped?  Yeah... [ironically apologetic look on her face] ...those aren't in style right now."  Begins walking away with UO guy.  "You miiight be able to find some at Anthropologie...but they're a little [shoves her thumb in the air]. You know."

Yes.  Thank you.  Thank you for making those several moments of my life very, very awkward.  Love you too.

On the brighter side, I found an awkward romper at F21 that I turned into an adorable dress.  To prove how awkward it was pre-makeover, I paid $3.99 as opposed to $24.99.  It was that bad.

I also got a cotton maxi dress from there that was SO CUTE I COULD'T RESIST.  I did pay $24.99 for that... that's how cute it was.

And since I have a fabulous mommy who bequeathed to me a $10 Kohl's Cash certificate, I done bought myself a flouncy white knit top that has a camera lens on it with the statue of liberty in the middle.  Sounds weird, looks amazing.

Just had to share.  I will hopefully get pictures up soon.  Cross your fingers.

P.S. Facebook is overrated.

P.P.S.   3 places I really really reallyreallyreally want to go...

New York City, NY

London, England

Paris, France

And while you're at it, throw in Germany, Italy, Greece, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, Finland (basically just Europe in general) and  I'll be even happier.

I better stop this post before it gets any randomer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

best random post ever!!!
I second you: facebook is overrated

and I want to see pictures

Elizabeth said...

hhhmm im still confused, what was the girl trying to say the pants were like? Call me blonde idc but im so confused! haha

I'm Sydney. said...

AH YES!! I agree completely! I agree with Ashley, best random post EVER! Made me laugh :)