Monday, November 28, 2011

silver bells is my favorite christmas song



  • Currently listening to Michael Buble (Holiday) station on Pandora. (That's obviously the only option.)
  • Loving that it's the most wonderful time of the year.
  • Craving a peppermint mocha from starbucks.
  • Let's be honest for a moment: I have done about -34% of my christmas shopping for the year.  Is a negative percentage possible?
  • On the up side, that means I have done some shopping...just not the important shopping.  You know, for the BIG gifts everyone looks forward to.  Just because not everyone is going to appreciate a stick of lip balm wrapped in shiny green paper.
  • Maybe you have thus far gathered that I chose to skip out on the black friday and cyber monday fun. I value my sleep and sanity.
  • Is it getting desperate to ask a coworker "if you were my mom, what would you want for christmas"?
  • Speaking of work, I get to go to my first work christmas party next week.  Ex.cite.ment.
  • And speaking of christmas parties, I'll be hosting my second annual caroling party this year.  If you've never been caroling before, let me sum it up for you: it's about the most fun and christmas cheer you can pack into a few dozen cups of hot chocolate and rosy noses. (???...)
  • And speaking of rosy noses, why does this time of year seem to bring snifflies and husky voices?  I sound like I've been smoking since 1977.
On that note, I leave you.  Maybe in the morning I'll sound like Lucille Ball.  Win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, great list. You're charming.

Happy sniffles!

Miss Melissa said...

Aw this post was so cute. I LOVE peppermint mocha from Starbucks, ESPECIALLY during this time of the year. :) Haha. I also did not participate in the Black Friday shopping because I would rather stay warm in my cozy blankets! Black Friday is only a gimmick! There will ALWAYS be sales. Amazon is the best place to shop at btw. :) I loved this post. :)

- Missa
- hellomissa.blogspot.com

I'm Sydney. said...

Ha! Life right now! My voice is a clever cross between a croaking toad and a squeaky door hinge. Nice.